WICHITA, Kan. - The Kansas Health Department is confirming a case of measles in Sedgwick County.
This patient had been in contact with someone who lived in Butler County, and was found to have measles earlier this month. The Health Department warns that this latest patient may have come into contact with other people across Wichita.
In an effort to keep the virus from spreading, you are asked to call a hotline for more information, if you have been to several places across Wichita, over the past few days:
- Monday, July 10, 2017, between 6:45 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Lamar’s Donuts located at 10051 West 21st Street
- Monday, July 10, 2017, between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Pathway Church located at 2001 North Maize Road
- Tuesday, July 11, 2017, between 2:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Walmart located at 21st and Maize
- Tuesday, July 11, 2017, between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Kwik Shop located at 37th and Maize
- Tuesday, July 11, 2017, between 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. Jason’s Deli located at 21st and Ridge
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017, between 3:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Jiffy Lube located at 21st and Ridge
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017, between 4:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Academy Sports located at 2710 North Maize Road
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017, between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. Michael’s located at 2441 North Maize Road
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017, between 5:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. Family Video located at 29th and Tyler
- Thursday July 13, 2017, between 8:00 a.m. 10:30 a.m. Moxley and Wagle Periodontics located at 825 South Hillside
- Thursday July 13, 2017, between 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Vermillion Elementary located at 501 South James Avenue
If you have been to one or more of these places, please call 1-877-427-7317.
The measles virus is very contagious, and spreads through the air by breathing, coughing, and sneezing. You may not develop symptoms until weeks after being infected.
Symptoms of measles include a blotchy rash on the skin, fever, cough, runny nose, red watery eyes, and small white spots in the mouth.