Thank you to every single person who donated items, donated postage money, helped back a box, drew a card, wrote a letter, etc. The KFDI Christmas In A Box program packed 580 boxes last Friday! The boxes will be on their way to our Kansas soldiers later this week. We couldn't do this program with you!
Got a Christmas In A Box question or name of a soldier? Send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org!
READ thank you letters from our troops who received boxes last year
KFDI Christmas In A Box needs your help!
Each year, KFDI and community volunteers pack holiday themed boxes to send to our troops overseas. Boxes include snack items, toiletries, and holiday decorations. Boxes are packed in time for delivery to our troops before Christmas.
We need your help this year - here's how:
1. Collect items to fill the boxes
Our list of 10 suggested items is below - shop from this list. Your donated items can be dropped off
October 2- November 4 at NCRI or at KFDI.
2. Help pack boxes on Friday November 10 at NCRI
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED - ALL SHIFTS ARE FILLED.
3. Donate to our postage fund - postage costs $16.75 per box
We'll be accepting donations into our Christmas In A Box account again this year.
Monetary Donations can be dropped off at any Wells Fargo Branch in Wichita. Just tell them to add it to the KFDI Christmas In A Box account.
Wells Fargo Branches in Wichita: 6321 E. Central or 455 S. West St.
4. If you're a community business or school and would like to do a donation drive for Christmas In A Box, please contact JJ and Tiny at 316-821-2059 or email email@example.com to let us know you're on board in a big way!
Last year we sent 647 boxes to our troops and this year our goal is more!
If you know a deployed soldier who would appreciate a box from KFDI, please email their name and address info to firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested donation list:
1. Snack items - microwave popcorn, pop tarts, cracker packs, ramen, granola/energy bars, trail mix.
2. Beef Jerky
3. Toothpaste / Toothbrushes / Floss
4. Baby wipes (no hand sanitizer)
5. Toiletries - deodorant, shampoo, bodywash, lotion, razors, nail files, baby powder (only travel size items)
6. Christmas decorations - small in size, ornaments, stockings, lights
7. Hard candy (non chocolate) & Gum
8. Drink mixes & flavored coffee (no k cups)
9. Cards & Letters
Thank you to our community sponsors: